A huge mistake people make when buying a pre-owned RV is not asking the right questions before signing on the dotted line. It’s extremely important to ask the right questions in order to protect yourself and the huge investment you’re about to make.
*Tip: If you plan on purchasing your pre-owned RV online, beware that photos may be misleading about the actual condition of the unit. If possible, it’s always good to check out the RV in person before you purchase.
Here is a list of great questions to ask your salesperson before purchasing:
- Is financing available for this unit?
- Can I purchase an extended warranty for this unit?
- Can my vehicle tow this?
- What towing package do I need for this RV and what is the cost?
- Will I get a full demonstration when I purchase this RV?
- Does your dealership offer free yearly inspections?
- If I buy from your dealership will I get priority service?
- Is there a camping club I can sign up for and receive discounts on camping?
- What kind of insurance do I need?
- Are your service technicians factory trained and certified?
Asking these questions will prevent future frustrations after the sale!